Tuesday, March 24, 2009

changing eating habits

I want to try this:

Changing your eating habits to lose weight can be a lot like quitting smoking. It's all about dodging those cravings instead of indulging them. So when you're considering that pasta dish or some mouth-watering dessert, try these craving busters smokers use:--
Count to 30 ... In a very short time, a craving will usually subside.--
Visualize ... your thinner, toned body, looking great in a pair of shorts and a form-fitting tee shirt.--
Adopt a substitute habit ... Of course, make it a healthy or at least neutral one, such as drinking tea (use the loose-leaf kind for the ceremony of it), chewing sugarless gum, etc.--
Change your routine ... Fill your time differently so you're more aware of eating.
If you're a TV-time muncher, put on exercise clothes when you get home, and do stretches, leg lifts, and crunches while you watch TV.--
Just say never ... Smokers have to commit to never, ever taking another drag of a cigarette. Although we can't give up eating entirely, for some people, it is helpful to "just say no" to one unhealthy food or ingredient that is a significant contributor to their weight problem.

You can check out this article at: http://www.dlife.com/photoGallery/viewGallery.php?albumId=202&photoId=248&ts=1237911005812

1 comment:

Ferguson Family said...

This is a great idea! I entirely gave up chocolate for a month and a half and I totally lost weight, too bad I started eating it again.